Leesville Lake Campground, LLC is conveniently located within walking distance of Leesville Lake. Our 40-acre campground includes spacious full-hookup campsites, a swimming pool, a playground, an event field, large beautiful wooded areas, old road-bed trails, and spectacular views. Campers have quick access to the 17-mile long lake, which provides numerous recreation opportunities, including fishing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, and other water sports and activities. The lake access area includes a boat ramp, floating dock, pavilion, and paved parking areas with boat trailer spaces.
We're close to U.S. Route 29, between Lynchburg and Danville, for RVers traveling through the area.
We're open year-round!
We're very pet friendly!
Improvements and expansion completed by new owners (since May 9, 2017):
- Created logo, campground policies, lease agreements, offices, store, and website.
- Renamed property to reflect location and type of property.
- New roof and numerous other repairs to office/store building.
- Cleaned and repaired swimming pool.
- Removed unsightly storage building and pavilion.
- Removed 4 trees next to swimming pool, 1 tree at event field, 1 tree at entrance, and various unhealthy trees and brush.
- Repaired bathhouse toilets.
- Redesigned and repaired main water line to sites 1-18.
- Removed trash and junk.
- Removed permanent satellite dishes.
- Repaired sewer hookups.
- Added dusk to dawn lighting to front of office/store building.
- Added automated lighting to bathhouse inside hallway.
- Added credit card processing equipment.
- Added computer reservation system.
- New entrance sign and office building sign.
- Business cards.
- Became a Good Sam Park.
- Added Wi-Fi to all sites and pool area.
- New 50/30/20 Amp Lighted Electric Pedestals installed at the following sites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 50, 54, 55, 56.
- New picnic tables at the following sites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 43, 44, 45, 46, 50, 55, 56.
- New phone system.
- New dedicated circuit breakers for sewer pumps.
- Added new storage shed.
- New coin operated laundry, and relocated laundry out of utility room.
- Added automated lighting to bathhouse outside walkway.
- Removed unsafe decks.
- Changed site numbering.
- Created campground map.
- Became an Altavista Area Chamber of Commerce member.
- Leveled sites: 12, 18, 44, 56.
- Repaired bathhouse sink.
- Redesigned and replaced main water line to bathhouse.
- Added smoke and carbon monoxide alarm to bathhouse.
- Replaced north well pressure switch.
- Sealed office/store front gable vent.
- Built storage shed ramp.
- South well: replaced pressure switch, replaced pressure gauge, added heat cable, added insulation.
- Added gravel to roads.
- Added gravel to the following sites: 6, 12, 14, 18, 43, 44, 56.
- New water hydrants at the following sites: 17, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 56, event field, pool.
- Added exhaust fans and LED lights to bathrooms.
- Relocated and replaced all hookups at site 56.
- Installed security cameras.
- Added site 44.
- Event field: removed well, excavated, added topsoil, seeded, fertilized, added water hydrant, installed fencing.
- Installed new chlorinator system at swimming pool.
- Remodeled first bathroom.
- New fire rings at the following sites: 18, 43.
- New playground with new playset and tetherball.
- Built firewood storage rack.
- Added walkway between sites 16 and 17.
- Pumped out all septic tanks.
- Added riser to building septic tank.
- Replaced pool breaker panel, added GFCI breaker to pool pump.
- Repaired and reinforced the main electric panel for the south side of the campground.
- Replaced underground wiring to site 6.